Wine Festival Ticket Policies
- All tickets are final sale. No refunds, exchanges or replacement tickets.
- All ticket prices include wine, food (if it is a food event), gratuities, service charges and taxes.
- All attendees must be 19+. NO MINORS. Note: Two pieces of ID will be required at all events.
- Please taste responsibly. Make a plan to get home safely.
- Festival events begin promptly. Seating for latecomers at formal sit-down tastings is not guaranteed and money will not be refunded.
- VanWineFest and Bard on the Beach do not accept liability for tickets lost or misplaced after they are printed and issued. Refunds, exchanges, and replacement tickets will not be granted.
Words to the Wise
- Buy early! Many events will sell out in advance.
- We do our best to make everything perfect, but event details are subject to change without notice and without refund.
- Please refrain from using scented perfume, cologne, aftershave and hairspray. The noses, palates and wines in the room will thank you.
- Dress code: We suggest smart business or casual dress attire, and enthusiastically recommend black. (Red wine never looks good on white.) To go the distance in the Tasting Room, wear really comfortable shoes.
- Access to the BC Liquor Stores Festival Wine Shop is for individuals with corresponding tasting room session tickets ONLY.
Get Home Safe
- Please taste responsibly and make a plan. Stay overnight at one of our partner hotels. Take a taxi. Take transit; you can pick up a free bus transfer from the Get Home Safe booth outside the Tasting Room. Assign a designated driver. Walk. Just don’t drink and drive. We want you to get home safely.
- At most Festival events, we serve tasting pours. You don’t need to swallow every ounce that is poured. Do master the fine art of spitting and/or dumping in the buckets provided at each station. If you don’t like to spit, feel free to sip and savor then pour out the rest of your glass.
Trade Days Conference, presented by Sysco
- Trade Days events are restricted to those who work in the wine or wine-and-food industry.
- Industry members will be required to provide an occupational title and company name for each Trade Tasting ticket at the time of ticket sale. This information is used to produce trade name tags.
- A trade name tag and a ticket are required for access to the Tasting Room during the afternoon trade sessions.