ABOUT THE AWARDS
Our mission is to reward restaurateurs who make the effort to produce an original and creative wine program. A successful wine program should offer consumers a well-selected choice of wines that harmonize with the food. The program should also encourage all staff to have significant wine knowledge that they can share comfortably with diners.
We believe a good wine list brings in customers. A great wine program in a restaurant encourages customers to come back for more – more choices, and more delightful and memorable experiences.
The Wine Program Excellence awards are sponsored by Vancouver Magazine.
HOW TO ENTER…
Applications for the 2020 Wine Program Excellence Awards are now open until Tuesday, October 15. Winners will be announced at the 17th Annual Awards Lunch featuring France on Friday, February 28, 2020.
Click here to see a list of the 2019 winners.
- Tell us your wine philosophy (maximum 200 words), describe your staff education program, and provide copies of your current wine list and dinner menu, all in PDF format. Send to email@example.com
- Complete the Online Application and pay the non-refundable fee of $145 (August 7-October 15, 2019). Note: Late applications are $200.
All submissions are carefully reviewed and critiqued by a panel of wine judges, who donate many hours of their time as consultants.
*Special offer* Enter by end of day Monday, September 9 (11:59 p.m.) and receive an additional Friday Trade Tasting with Buyer Entry ticket (1:30 p.m. start)
All entrants receive one ticket to each of the following Friday, February 28 Trade events ($144 value)
- Celebrating Excellence: 17th Annual Awards Lunch featuring France
- Trade Tasting with Buyer Entry at 1:30 p.m.
- Recognition and an award (Platinum to Bronze recipients) at the 17th Annual Awards Lunch featuring France
- The opportunity to pre-buy additional Trade Days events
- Online listing and a hotlink at VanWineFest.ca
- Acknowledgement in festival ads
- Self-promotion of a VanWineFest award-winning wine list on your restaurant’s website, wine list and menu with a digital decal
- Acknowledgement and promotion in VIWF marketing initiatives, including social media, press releases, e-newsletters, and print pieces
Our professional judges consider the philosophy behind your wine program and how successfully your wine & food pairing goals match that philosophy. They look for your efforts in training all serving staff on your wine program. They also consider the patron experience. Is your wine list easy to understand? Does it look clean and professional? Is it free of grammatical and spelling errors? Finally, do the wines on your list offer real value and encourage consumers to try new wines?
For further information please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org